The cloud has changed the data backup industry. While backing up business data is getting more and more affordable, small-to-medium sized businesses (SMBs) are able to get an offsite solution that automatically backs up all of their data.
Since data is considered by many to be a company’s most valuable Cloud Backup Services asset, everyone has concerns about security. However, data traffic encryption makes the cloud backups safe.
The biggest advantages of cloud backup are the following:
- Affordable. Small businesses don’t have unlimited IT budgets. It’s important to use a solution that makes sense and won’t require your customer to incur a capital expenditure. For as low as a few hundred dollars per year, your customers can have all of their data backed up to the cloud.
- Anytime, Anywhere Access. Having data in the cloud allows your customers to have access to their data anytime and anywhere. As long as there is access to the Internet, through a computer or a smartphone app, all files are readily available. There is no need to have to travel around with a laptop or go back to the office to see that important file.
- Off-Site. It’s important to keep a copy of files offsite. Even if business files are backed up on a file server, a hurricane, flood, fire or theft could destroy the computers… and backups. Keeping backed up files in the cloud ensures data is safe no matter what is going on at your office.
- Simple. Cloud backup solutions have made ongoing management and restoration easy. With just a few clicks of the mouse, backed up files can be easily found and restored.
- Automatic. Time is one of the most commonly stated reasons companies aren’t backing up their data. Cloud backup doesn’t require an additional time commitment for you or your customer. Computer files are backed up to the cloud automatically and continuously, whenever you’re connected to the Internet.